Bramley Chicken Kiev
4 skinless chicken breasts
175g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
50g butter, softened
1 tbsp flour
1 egg, beaten
60g fresh breadcrumbs
New potatoes, broccoli and carrots, to serve
- Turn the oven to fan 180C/conventional 200C/gas 6. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Make a slit horizontally in each chicken breast to create a pocket, being careful not to cut through. Mix together the apple, garlic, parsley and butter and season with black pepper.
- Use the mixture to fill each slit
- in the chicken. Set aside any leftover mixture.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Season the flour with salt and pepper and then dip each chicken breast first into the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs, ensuring that it is totally covered. Place on the baking tray and cook for 25 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Heat any leftover stuffing gently in a small pan for 3-4 minutes until softened and serve with the chicken and vegetables.