|Preparation time: 5 mins|
|Cooking time: 25-30 mins|
8 pork sausages
1. Cook the sausages to your liking.
2. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pan with just enough water to cover and season with salt. Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10mins.
3. Peel and quarter 2 of the apples and add to the potatoes, simmer for 5mins or until both are tender. Drain, reserving 1 pint of the cooking liquid and mash with the butter. Season to taste.
4. Heat the oil in a medium pan; add the onion and sauté for 5 mins or until golden.
5. Quarter, core and grate the remaining apple add to the onions and sauté for a further 6-8mins or until tender and golden. Add the reserved cooking liquid and gravy mix and stir well until the gravy thickens. Serve the mash and gravy alongside the bangers.