Bramley Apple and Sticky Toffee PudsCourse: Dessert
100g/4oz softened butter
100g/4oz light soft brown sugar
100g/4oz self raising flour
2 medium eggs
225g/8oz Bramley apples, peeled, cored and diced
150ml/¼pt double cream
- Place butter, sugar, flour, eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Use an electric whisk to beat together until smooth. Stir in the app
- Divide the mixture between 4 greased microwave proof ramekins or teacups. Arrange the cups in a circle on the turntable and microwave on High for 3-3 ½ mins or until the surface of the sponges looks almost dry. Stand for 5mins.
- Place the toffees and cream together in a bowl. Microwave on High for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally until the toffees have melted and a spoon sauce forms.
- Turn out the sponges on four dessert plates, spoon over the sauce and serve hot with custard.
- To cook conventionally: Preheat the oven to 180oC/Fan 160oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4. Spoon the mixture into 4 (175ml/6floz) buttered dariole moulds. Cover with folded pleated baking parchment and foil and stand in a roasting tin. Pour boiling water to come half way up the outside of the moulds and bake for 30mins. Heat the toffees and the cream together in a small pan until smooth sauce forms.