Toffee Apple Crumbles
2 medium Bramley apples,
halved horizontally and cored
75g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
2 tbsp runny honey
150ml double cream, plus
extra to serve
50g dark brown sugar
- Turn the oven to fan 160C/ conventional180C/gas 4.
- Place the halved apples, cut side up, in a shallow ovenproof dish so that they fit snugly in one layer. Fill the core cavities with the crushed biscuits and dot with the butter. Drizzle with the honey and add 3 tbsp water to the dish. Cover and bake for 40 minutes until soft, removing the lid or foil for the final 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream and sugar until melted
- and then boil for 2-3 minutes until syrupy.
- Serve the apple halves drizzled with the sauce.