Bramley Apple Trees For Sale
We have bramley apple trees for sale during october.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Ultimate size on M27 rootstock: 1.8m x 1.8m (6ft x 6ft)
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: this apple belongs to pollination group 3 (flowering late season)
A more compact and improved version of the classic ‘Bramley’s Seedling’, ‘Bramley 20’ is perfect for smaller spaces, as it’s slightly less vigorous – but with the benefit of heavier crops of the same top quality cooking apples. A spreading tree that is covered in pure white, cup-shaped flowers in mid- and late spring, followed with a white fleshed fruits that are ready to harvest in mid-October.
If you have fell in love with our favourite apple then we offering you a chance to get a version of Bramley’s Seedling. ‘Bramley 20’ is ideal for small areas. The bramley tree is spreading tree which is covered in pure white cup shaped flowers in mid to late spring. You will have white fleshed fruits ready to harvest in mid-october.
- It is important to make sure base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells.
- Pruning should be done in the winter
- Take out the 3D’s (dead, dying and diseased wood) and create an open shape. Then reduce the leaders back by a third.
- Aim to create an airy structure without any crisscrossing branches.
- In August you can do a summer prune by shortening any side shoots (or laterals) which are longer than 20cm back to three leaves.
- This will allow the sun to ripen the fruit and encourage more fruit buds.