LAMB AND BRAMLEY APPLE MOROCCAN MEATBALL TAGINECourse: MainCuisine: MOROCCAN
2 Bramley apples (approx 450g), peeled and cored
500g minced lamb
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
75g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch cayenne pepper
Small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
25g fresh root ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
350ml lamb stock
3 tbsp tomato puree
100g pitted black Kalamata olives
small bunch coriander, chopped
- To make the meatballs, coarsely grate the apples and put in a large bowl.
- Add the lamb mince, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, spices and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands thoroughly mix everything together, then firmly shape into 20 balls, giving 5 per portion.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is softened and starting to colour.
- Add the lemon juice, stock, tomato puree, olives and bring to the boil.
- Add the meatballs, gently turning to coat in the liquid and reduce the heat.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes turning the meatballs a couple of times throughout.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Stir in the coriander and serve hot with couscous.