Ginger Baked BramleysCourse: Dessert
Baked Bramleys is a classic pudding that’s so easy – anyone can do it! This version has a delicious ginger twist, but why not experiment with different flavours once you have perfected the recipe?
900g/2lb (approx 5) Bramley apples
50g/2oz butter, softened
50g/2oz muscavado sugar
4 balls of stem ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6. Use a small knife (or an apple corer, if you have one) to remove the core from the centre of each Bramley, leaving a hole about 4cm wide in the centre.
- Then use a knife to score a cross into the top of each apple cream the butter and sugar together, and stir in the ginger and raisins.
- Divide the mixture between the Bramleys, pushing it into the cavities.
- Then place them all in an ovenproof dish Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon the juices from the base of the dish over each Baked Bramley and serve warm with cream or ice cream
- Micro Method
- Add the filling and place the Bramleys in a microwaveable dish. Cover loosely with greaseproof paper and cook on HIGH for 10 mins, or until the apples are tender, turning once.
Microwave instructions are based on 650w ovens, so adjust the time according to the power of your oven