Chicken and Bramley Apple FajitasCourse: Main
450g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
Juice of 1 lime
450g chicken breast fillet, cut into 1cm thick strips, 5cm long
1 sachet fajita spice mix
2 small onions, thickly sliced
1 each small red pepper and yellow red pepper, halved, deseeded and sliced
8 wheat tortillas
2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Put the apples into a bowl with the lime juice and toss together.
- Put the chicken in a separate bowl and add the spice mix. Toss to mix. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 10-15min until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the onions. Cook over a medium heat for 10min until golden. Add the peppers and continue to cook for 2-3min. Add the apples and continue to cook for 2min until tender, but still hold their shape.
- Return the chicken to the pan and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Meanwhile heat the tortillas. Transfer them to a plate, cover with film and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or cover in foil and warm through in the oven for 5min.
- Spoon two heaped tablespoons of the filling in each tortilla, scatter over the coriander, roll up and tuck in.
- Serve with…Soured cream, salsa and guacamole.