Bramley, Cinnamon and Walnut MuffinsCourse: Dessert
300g self-raising flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
75g golden granulated sugar
50g chopped walnuts
2 Bramley apples, around 450g
2 medium eggs
200ml semi-skimmed milk
75g butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180ºC fan oven) gas mark 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin paper cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, add the sugar and walnuts.
- Peel and core the apples, then dice and add to the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, then add to the bowl with the butter. Use a large metal spoon to quickly fold all the ingredients together. Don’t overmix or beat the mixture or the muffins will have a heavy texture when baked.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the paper cases, then bake in the oven for 25minutes until golden and firm. A skewer inserted into the centre will come out clean when they’re ready. Cool on a wire rack before serving warm or cold.