Bramley Apple and Yoghurt FoolCourse: Dessert
2 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1cm pieces
4 tbsp soft brown sugar
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
55g bitter chocolate, finely grated
10 Sponge fingers
1 pint ready made, low fat custard
450g thick yoghurt
- Place the apples, brown sugar, juice and zest of lemon into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil stirring occasionally, then turn down the heat, and cook until soft and pulpy; about 15 minutes. You may need to add a little more water if the mixture is too thick!! Then cool.
- Grate the chocolate carefully on a cheese grater, then chill well, or pop into the freezer.
- Place a large bowl or bowls on the work surface, then spoon half of the apple into the bottom.
- Break up the Savoy biscuits and sprinkle over the apple.
- Then spoon over half the custard
- Next, half the yoghurt.
- Then repeat: apple, custard and yoghurt, then finally sprinkle over the chocolate.
- And serve, it will look fantastic!!!!!!!
Copyright Phil Vickery