Bramley And Parsnip Shots With Bacon And Cider FoamCourse: Main
Bacon and cider foam
100g smoked bacon (chopped)
30g shallots (chopped and blanched)
1 leaf gelatine
Salt and pepper
- Put a little butter in a pan and sweat off the bacon and shallots.
- Deglaze with the cider and reduce completely.
- Add the cream and water and simmer for 10 minutes very gently to infuse.
- Pass the cream from the solid ingredients into a clean pan and reheat.
- Dissolve the gelatine leaf into the bacon and cream.
- Whisk in the butter then foam into a light consistency.
- Into a glass pour some of the Bramley and parsnip soup to approx two thirds of the way up.
- Add a couple of black pudding croutons into this if you wish.
- On top of the soup, spoon some of the bacon foam, it will sit on the top creating two distinct layers.
- Drink the soup through the foam. Excellent as a small appetiser or amuse bouche!