Easy Bramley Apple and Sultana TeabreadCourse: Dessert
25g porridge oats
50g Muscovado sugar
2 medium Bramley apples, cored, peeled and grated
6 tbsp apple juice
4 tbsp olive oil
115g self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
1tsp mixed spice
1 medium egg, beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C Gas Mark 4.
- Place the oats and sugar into a bowl, add the grated apple, juice and oil, mix well and then leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour, sultanas, baking powder, mixed spice and egg and mix well, but carefully.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 1lb loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- When cool, slice and serve with a smidgeon of olive oil spread (if that’s allowed)
- Copyright Phil Vickery